Tuesday, December 9, 2014

laboring in the white field

when reading a parable this morning I couldnt hel but apply it to my mission, hola that is what i have been called to do, learn apply it and rock it.   anways the parable of the house holder goes a little like this.  the house keeper goes out to hire workers.  he brings the first group in at six in the morning, throughout the day he continually brings in more until the last group works for an hour and they all finish at five oclock.  when they all gather for their days work and to receive their pay, surprisingly they all received the same.  inmediateyl those hired first were angry ¨these last have wrought but one hour and thou hast made them equal to us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.¨





when applying this to mjissionaries, I think its very common that we find ourselves in a similar situation, for example we aere missionaries for twenty four hours but of that time how much of us are really giving a hard, dedicated, obedient work.  there has been days after giving it all, I wonder why I havent received the satisfaction or blessing of other days where I have worked less or recieved more.  Or looded at other companions who dont seem as focuesed as me but are having way more success. or maybe compare myeslef with other missionaries, those who are young in the imission and ahve become leaders.  I while back I thought ot myself of a bit of a faitler.  I didnt understand why I had never become an hermana leader or why I had never trained.  Whad did I lack?  I compared my wage to my sisters mission where she did both from and early stage, so I found myself feeling a bit low.  however what I have learned from this parable and my personal experience is taht the housekeeper or God doesnt treat us unfairly.  the promise is that if we go out and preach his word he wil be with us ad give us succes, he doesnt give us a detailed contract with what type of success it will be.  I received the biggest blessing or wage by spending almost 11 months of the 15 I had here in argentina in campo in the same zone.  When we recently had a zone conference with the members of the district, it was the biggest family lreunion for me and I knew almost every single person there.  I have learned taht comparing missiony and success is imposible as your cant measuere someones conversion or blessings.  SO many are soaked up in who we are and I believe one hundred prect that the lord has given us all the same in one way or anoterh.  I love getting together as a mision because we cant help but become big old chatter boxes.  I givvle endlessly a we share common related storeis and memories.  When we left to serve missions we all agreed on the same wage and circumstances.  we were very happy to put in the work, and we have been paid in full. now the key for me is to take my pay and enjoy the blessings. 

In this life we are not in a race against eachother to see who comes out wealthiest or most talented or the preettiest or in this case the most blessed.  As elder holland states ¨we are really in a race against sin, and surely envy is one of the most universal of those.¨ we need to be happy with what we have been given and rejoice with that of what others have recieved.  My biggetest joy here has been to see the acceptance of teh gospel in the lifes of others, to see them make the click and realize the love of the saviro that exists for them.  and I believe it to be a giant joy because it s unselfish, because I am not looking for personal regonition, and because it forcues me to be humble because I know I cannot do it alone.  I am greateful that God is kind, that when I am serving with all types of peoploe that they too have the privelege of experiencing the atonement, that it is not limited to the way I have behaved over the week.  that the debt has already been paid for us, and that our constant effort is not trying to overcome the impossible so we can gain happiness.  ¨we have not traveled beyond the reach of devine love.  It is not possible to sinik lower than the infinite light of where christs atonement shines.¨ I love that the worst of sinners can too recieve the greatest of blessings.  ¨Surely the thing God enjoys most about being God is the thrill of being merciful, especially to those who dont expect it or often dont deserve it.¨

I have recieved more blessing that I ever expected or desrved.  I have been blessed by the gospel for many years because I was fortuante enough to have it early on and I wont be jealous of those receiving the same wayge who are new members or soon to become one.  Gods love is available and his grace is sifficient.  His concern is for the faith in each indiviiaul to show up and to do the work, doesnt matter the hour of the day of the arrival because the payment is the same. I wouldnt change one day of my 18 months if I had the opportunity.  I have learned huge lessons from my misatakes and my memories are cherished.  I am not feeled with regret but overflowing gratitude.  I am not the best missionary, but I ahve given my best. and my adventures and experiences are sacred.  there is no problem I cannot overcome with the gospel by my side. No dream that with time and thankfully eternity cannot be realized and reality. I have made convenants and I am determined to keep them.  The living apostle elder christofferson promised us, sthe buenos aires oeste mission, that we will be able to feel and know that the Lord has accepted us for woh we are and that he recieves and aproves our worthy offer.

I am who I am today because the way I lived yesterday, the way I live today will determine who I become tomorrow. (I dont know if thats somes quote... I just wrote it. if its not I have copy write.hhaha)  

The weeks are flying by as you all know, and I have way to much to write down.  The biggest things this week was the homecoming of noelia from her mission in misouri, usa. can you believe it.  She came back and we had a huge celebration for her.  She is a sweet heart and speaks PERFECTLY.  I love being around her but it freaks me out a little bit. the switch to real life is just like that, one day she was wearing a skirt the next no.  crazy.  the second hilghlight of my week was singing the to abuelos in the ¨¨rest home¨ I have wanted to do it forever, and to cross it off my bucketlist we went caroling for them.  It was way to fun to sit down and chat with them and brighten their days. and out of all the people that sing to them, the mormonas are the only ones that sat down and chatted and gave out Jesus Cards.  I LOVE MY MISSION.  

the rest of the details I will soon be telling you in person. you will just have to anxiously wait... mwahahahahaa  Love you all and see you soon.   YIKES! 

Hermana Alley 
p.s. who likes my shoes?  haha

"p.s. who likes my shoes?  haha"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment