Monday, October 27, 2014

Feeling hot hot hot

hello.  I am so hot... the sun came out and I think it is closer to argentina than any other part of the world.  things are cooking up and faaaast.  I have already become best friends with Lilianna.  She is our fan, and I dont think I ever stop sweating.  Its just a jolly old time! but anyways thats just a side note, now for all the good details of the week.
 
well this week was opposite of the last.  Some weeks its like the whole world has changed into a dream wonder land and people joyingful let you into their house, and then other weeks everyone just sleeps or is too hot to move and open the door to even talk to the missionaries.  but thats ok, because we managed anyways.  Like I mentioned with the pictures we did a service project for bartolo.  I loved it because if you would have seen the place before and after, its a master piece.  I have decided I like fixing things up.  everyone here built their own house and have everything to live.  they depend on themsevles, as they have their own gardens, chickens, and they do stuff the old fashioned way, not using all the convient and super up to date equiptment that saves time and energy for us in the states. however I feel like everything we do is so much more out of the heart and effective. for example after getting only slightly sunburned all I had to do was go oever to the nearest plant , cut off a piece and rub the green goo on my skin and walla. I am all good.  and who needs to buy tea when you have the bush, why would you go to the market when you have lemons off the nearest tree to spice up your salad.  Dad I think you should consider extending the garden.  Love the salsa but we could use some  fruit trees and medicine plants as well! they come in handy!

"helping bartolo. we had three of these piles of branches and parts of trees.  we did some good old hard labor.  He reminds me a lot of dad because he always has a project going on, and we always invite ourselves to help him out.. I felt a little bite like tarzan mixed with an axe man throughout the process.  it is getting super hot here and lots of SUNSHINE.  bartolo also sings tango and made up a song for me.  he surprised me and made me stand on the other side of this window so he could sing to me with this fake guitar.. he´s got my heart.  haha great service project."

 
 
This week I decided to take a vacation for half a day... okay okay it was a road trip.  I packed up my fanny pack and pulled out my cien ciens to head off to 25 de mayo.. that is right you heard correctly. last week I asked president for permission to head back to the baptism of part of my family.  Gabriela was going to get baptized and I dont know if i told you but she is PREGNANT!  how adorable is that. I already told her I had revelation for what she is going to name her.... hermana alley... haha My comp and I arrived a little bit early to surprise all of the members and especially gabreila and diego who had no idea I was coming.  It was the best moment.  all of teh members gave me a big group hug and it was like being welcomed home.  They caught me up on all the great things that are happening and before I knew it the service had begun and ended, very smoothly spirit filled and I had to say goodbyes again.  I absoltuely loved seeing so many of my kindred spirits but thank goodness it wasnt goodbye bye as we ahve a conference coming up and if I say in the area I will once again get to see them all... cross your fingers peeps transfers are next week.  My comp became part of the family super easily as well as she shared the love in my home turf.  It was the best part of my month, I believe.  unfortunely I didnt get to see some of my converts and members but i am over grateful to see some of them! 
"25 de mayo!!! road trip!  that was super fun let me tell you... it came out of my own pocket but it was worth every cent to see gabriela and baby to become mebmers officales.  after 10 months of knowing her and having a set of missionaries fight for her salvation, she got wet this past week!  It was like returning home, :)"
 

We had one incredible lesson with the family silva yesterday.  They are less active and it was the first time I have met them since they work constantly and are never home.  The mom r eally opened up to us and told us that she has a problem with forgivenes. One thing that is super common here is excommunicated branch presidents.  and her husband was one of them but after 16 years was rebaptized.  anyways she taught us a lot, and to think as missionaries we have the duty to go in and lift people up.  But this isnt the case at all.  I have learned and felt more than anything that they teach us and we are just testifying and sharing our experiences. I felt so strongly in the moment the power of the atonement.  I understood so clearly that what she needed to better understand in able to forgive was the atonement. and that I needed it too.  Forexample past week with president he suggest after I named some of my weaknesses and concerns that I study the atonement.  after talking with my comp he told her the exact same.  and now I was telling hermana silva the same.  All of us have different storys but all of us better need to understand what Christ did for us, and the power we receive from it.  so thats a group goal this week.  Study the atonement, and apply it that much more to our lifes!  I know its the only thing can can truly help me, my comp, and hermana silva. 
 
"the picture of the family is a happy story.  one day we were riding on our bikes and we passed a man outside working on his car.  I had the biggest impression to stop but didnt.  well we turned the corner and I stopped promptly and said that I had to contact that man because he looked friendly.  so my comp and I went back and set up a return appointment.  well when went back they let us in... we taught them on and off and I told you about them.  they have lots of problems with their kids. they are a family of 7 or 8. well every lesson we focuesd a ton on the the book of mormon because she loves the biblia.  and than I left.   well hermana passos told me that the whole family assisted this week church and that these three are going to get baptized.  The mom and two daughters ahve a million church assistantias. and the mom has a date to get married in december.  it was so incredible to see them agian and I could stop smiling!   THEY ARE A HUGE MIRACLE!"
My weekly ralling call this week,
 
Those who speak easily and often of the restored gospel pirze what it has meant to them.  they think of it as a blessing often.  it is the membory of the gift they have received which makes them eager for others to receive it.  they have felt the love of the savior.  their words are daily and hourly reality.  ¨there is no fear in love, but perfect love casteth away ferañ because fear hath torment.  he that feartheth is not made perfect in love.  We love him because he first loved us. ¨ when I bare my testimony I dont want people to think that I am doing it in a design to manuplate or change their beliefs but I want to it be so natural that it is woven into my very person.  so that when they hear what I am saying they know that it is who I am, no matter where I am.  I want my desire to share the gospel shine in my feace and eyes, that peopel know I am a disciple of Christ 24 hours of the day.  That I have courage to prove it through my a actions and that fact that most poeple are not interested in the restored gospel will ahve little bearing on what I am doing or saying, because what I say to them I KNOW will affect their lifes for the better and will help them return to their father as a family.  that is my purpose and motive as a celestial missionary. 
 
Love you all and ahve a very wonderful halloween.  They dont celebrate it here like we do, but I have a amercian as a companion and we are doing a US of A  halloween for our branch. wish us luck, its going to be awesome!!! :) 
 

hermana Alley 

No comments:

Post a Comment