Monday, November 3, 2014

Receive the Promise

Up next on the series of the LIfe of missionary Alley, A week with lots of rain... and hail, nothing like getting pegged on a bike. and the weather update in the nearest town of bragado... a tornato... thats right roofs were beinig thrown off houses. but dont worry we just got rain and lots of wind. nothing that two missionaries cant handle with rainboots and hymns.

Well this week was strange.  haha we went from some really great moments and some not to great. I became nurse for my sick flu companion and tackling the puke with salteen crackers and sprite.  I think I counted nine bathroom runs in one night... poor thing.  I have never prayed so hard for my health! haha  but she is quite the trooper and we only stopped working for two hours.  atta girl, go fight win! 

The best part of the week was halloween. I spent over the week four hours of coloring and trying to be creative to throw together a halloween experiecne just like in the states.  after convincing people to not freak out over what halloween is and just come for candy and dress up, we had a great turn out! we had about 8 people we arent members come and they all loved it!  we also had a great turn out with less actives.  WE played all the classics.. musical pumpkins, pin the tag on the missioanry.  bobbing for oranges (they were cheaper...haha), torta fritas on a string, limbo (a little secret i won... hehe turns out our branch is less flexible than me) , fishing for treats, and a little bit of spooky dance off.  my comp and I went as hippies, tuned down as much as we can but still out of the skirit ;)  it was super fun and we have just been assigned to do the next upcoming activity of a talent show.   I am stoked.













 and now for the more spiritual part of my week...

      Just like the account of the first vision or moses or Jesus Christ himself all of us ahve had or will have an occasion or one similar where we are face tgo face with our worst enemy satan right before something great and marvillosa happens.  almost always along the line great spritual momenots can be followed by some adversity and oppostion.  usually when we have to make the most difficult step or important decision in our lifes.  one of mine, durning my setting aprat to be a missionay I remember at the begining of the prayer I felt horrible.  super dizzy and stick to my stomoach. something kept telling me that this wasnt right, that I chose wrong.  after the prayer I felt 100 percent better.  I think that was one of those moments.  In the mission I have also experienced the lowest of lows right before conferences, baptisms or interviews where teh spirit is always super strong.  I have also witenessed it in other peopole.  it is almost always impossible retulling the first vision without interruption.  

In seatlle I remember warning a soon to be convert of the possible firy darts that would caome her way the week before her baptism., I have to laugh retelling teh strory now because she became so worried that when a stranger walked up to her in the market a day before her baptism that she said ¨get thee hence, satan!¨quoting that great scripture. jaja   but she is a great example to all of us.  We cant ever let our guard down.  This week we had the baptism of our dear abuela elida.  she has been waiting weeks but things just kept coming up.  well we set her date in stone, the first of november at seven.  Well hours before she had to go to othe hospital for heart problems. we hurried to her side. the poor thing wasnt feeling to great but we made the promise that all would run smoothly and she would feel ike new after.  right after she came up from toeh water she said ¨well I am clean to the soul.¨ haha and she was so happy and content after.  it was a miracle.  

Just like Jeffrey R holland stated ¨dont assume that a great revelatjion, some marvelous, illuminating moment , the opening of an inspired path is the end of it.  remember, IT ISNT OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER.¨

Sure it is tough before someone joins the churhc, its hard while they are in the process of being a member, it is tough after they join and it is tough until we die. thats how it has always been and will forever be but that doesnt mean we draw back, retreat, and run away squeeling.   We cant lose our sconfidence in our father and his SOn.  especially we cant forget our experiences and the tesimonies we already have. 

So this is exactly what my call out to the world is this week. Ï am not going to give up when the presseure mounts.  certainly not going to give in to satan who is bent of my destruction and my happiness.  I am going to face my doubts and try to master my fears and ¨´not cast away my confidence´¨  I am staying on that yellow brick road thank you! 

Hebrew 10
¨but call to rememberance the former days, after ye were illuminated ye endured a great fight of afflictions.  cast not away your confidence, which hath great recompence your reward.  for ye have need of patience.  that , af ter ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.  we are not of them who draw back unto perdition.  

Love you all, and here is to my last transfer. 
hermana alley


 


No comments:

Post a Comment