Monday, November 17, 2014

Elder Christofferson

I am going to start with my higlight of the week...

exactly one year ago I sat down and listened to the voice of the apostle elder holland.  I was on the second row, or the wet zone... thebest you could have asked for.  I remember as if it was yesterday, when he looked me in the yeys and told lme that my savior loves me and that he did too.  I remember how much I needed to hear those three wordsa and nothingmore, as i was struggling with the life as a baby missionary. One yer has gone and this week i sat down a different person ready to listen to teh voice of the apostel elder christofferson.  I didnt feel like I have become the bst missionary in the world but when I sat there amongst the sea of missionaries I fet at peace, not anzious or scared just at peace at where I am at.. I looked around at our mission group so many new faces replaced by my old aquaitances.  millions of membories and friends at every glance, buenos aires oeste is the best mission in the world, why?  because of the missionaries... because it is my mission and I love it.  its where I have put my heart and fnought with what I have.  amongst this group satan has no power over me and I feel like i have become spirtiually stronger.  that missionaries bring an incredible fource field when we are united.  elder chrisotfferson taught tabout repentance but bringing tru repentance throught the power of the atoneent.  the very best part of the devotional was the last ten mins when he gave us all a blessing.  I wish I ould have recoreded it but allong the lines this is what he said, 

That we will eac hbe able to receive the profund testimony and knowldege of the divity of our father in the heavn that we all will feel his love for us within our hears.  that we will revieve the protectection of angels and feel their spirits aorund us.  that we will be able to effect the lives of others with our postive attitudues and that every effort wlll be recompnesed in the heavens.  that our experiences in the mission are miarcles and blessings but it is our duty to share them with others so they too can be lifted up.  he promised that JesuChrist has accepted our offering to serve him, our service and dnedication and that he knows us individually, our hearts and efforts.  that is he conetnt with what we give of us willingly for the bnefit of others salvation.  

I absoltuely loved it.  ONce again everything and anything I needed to hear.  I took it as very special priesthood blessing, its not every day you get that kind of promise from an apostle.  he thanked us for being his companion... we are companions with the apostles. I thinnk thats pretty cool, a little intimidating but I believe it.  that we are all hear fighting for the same cause.  It was such a great devotional.

Well the week was once again filled with attacks from satan.  as he broke my comps bike and no ones dog wantd to let us in, but never fear we are still going strong.  I almost ate two worms in an orange this week... that was nasty.  I should proabably change up my diet from not eating so many bugs.  All I can say really is that I am working, working hard.  and maybe I will have the blessiing of seeing the fruits, but if not theyh will continue to bloom because I have a great comp and I know she will do wonders as well. If we do our part, we than can expect to see miracles.  ¨God moves mountains to create oppotunities of his choosing. it is up to you to be able to move yourself.¨   soooo that being saidd our victory is that of our saviors who has already conquered the enemy.  we need to be stedadfast, unmoveable always abounding in good workds (1 cor 15:58).  we need to stear awway from the labor of working in vain and fight off the natural man.  Give up what we have to recieve something that cant be bought, something worth more than gold bound and carried up to the heavens.   

I LOVE my mission. 
my tired quote of the week.... ¨hermana!!! shut the bed and go to refigerator!!¨ haha hungry and tired messes with your brain.   her quote this week.  ¨¨is this table made out of leg¨ she ment to say rock... its the difference of pierna and piedra... haha   great times. 

Love you lots and if you want anything argentine let me know NOW! I will try... 

"when we slept outside... shhhh camping our last night together!"



"fotos... our group!! hermana millet heads home this up coming thurdsay.. our last pic all together.  and the second me and all my comps... minus hermana DAVIS..."



"girls night of all the hermanas in campo.... sleep over before our conference with elder christofferson... way to fun it should have been illegal. the last time together as a mission before I head out..    my best friends!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment