Wednesday, November 26, 2014

poco de poco

Hello to my beloved family of mine,

so on this weeks episode of ¨what did hermana alley eat this week¨ I would like you all to think back to some very cherished moments I had with two furry animals named twitchel and nibbles... Yes that is right I was fed rabbit this week... I about died just thinking of the poor things.  Sure the meat was softer than chicken but you the meat still had the soft fur of the poor innocent creatures.  Two times eating rabbit in the same week and I teared up on the first bite.  It was a tough one for me but I made it through! 

Friday we had a reunion with our zones of chilvicoy north and south.  It was just fantastic as always, our new assistants are my old zone leaders so that makes things just a hoot.  We talked about alma 47.  The story to refresh your minds is that Amalickiah is trying to overthrough the kingdom, anyways he is trying to persuade the leader Lehonti to come down to the foot of the mountain.  the first verses shows how he was very strongwilled and determined but as we keep reading every verse he gets weaker and weaker, and after about 5 or 6 times, lelhonti comes down from the mountain and is killed with poison. It was such a small example and we only touched it in tihe meeting-  However during my personal study today I thought about it even more. small things ready lead up to big and if we arent careful we will slowly and surely be weakened without knowing it. I thought of some examples, sthe first thing that popped into my head was martin harris and the pages of the book of mor mon.  how many times did Jospeh smith have to ask the Lord with the same answer.  and look what ended up happening.  I also thought of a cake.  if you add a little big extra salt it wont make a huge difference, maybe add a little bit more, but after A while your cake isnt going to turn out right and its too a late to take out the salt.  instead you have to start completely over. ok ok one more example, if you put a frog in a boiling pot of water it is going to jump out instantly. but if you put a frog in a pot of cold water and slowly bring it to a boil it will die without knowing it.   These can all be so easily related to the mission and normal life.  for example, obedience... those little things really can add up and before you know it you arent worthy to receive all the blesings or miracles waiting for you, ¨¨dont believe me aske the dishes¨ or maybe you are only studying a little bit for your investigatores, after all you have an hour. but little by little you realze you dont have enough time to fully prepare yourself for the day spiritually and we all know that we have to feast on eht words before the spirit will  help us out. we cant just snack on them and expect the rest to come easily.  

Now in the real life, or everyday lets think of the atonement.  we have a less active right now... ok inactive that used to be president of the rama. He served a mission and was a great missionary, zone leader for the majority of the time.  but when he got back and his temple marriage fell through and we went through some dark phases of being let go as a presdient of the rama he began to fell away.  Now is to the point of questioning everything that he once knew to be true.  THe problem he is facing, do I really know it to be true or do I just really want it to be true.  Sometimes I feel so inadequate to be there in his house telling him how he needs to change.  However I feel as though I have the miracle medicine that can cure any sickness and that is ithe atonement.   What he needs to understand better is the atonment. what I need to understand better is the atonement.  We suggested that he started out reading his missionary diary everyday, and writting a testimony of the things He does believe. start from the foundation and start working your way up.  If you want to grow in a testimony you have to learn to share it as well.   I am living breathing proof of this, for example my testimony of the book of moromon before my misison.... I think i read it almost 2 times in my life, I thought it was so boring... and now I LOVE IT!  and I can get enough of it.  but it took lots of study and application. not just learning lots of knowdege about it but applying in until it became an understanding.  We do not exactly know how the Lodrd accom plished the atoneent, but we do know that the creul torture of crucificion was only part of the horrible pain ithat he felt in the garden and than ended on the cross.  I know that when we understand better the amor of this selfless action that our savior gave to us without reserving a part for himself that we can become free of our bad decisions and all our wrong doings and short comings of perfections. Sure if you are perfect you dont need the atonement, but if you have made even the itsy bitsiest mistake you have an enormas need to find out how it can be erased.  and that is through our Savior Jesus CHrist. I am willing to fight for every less active and non member within my limits. I have never felt so much of an urge to help them come closer and return to the fold.  It is my responsiblity and I cant let my father in heaven down.

Now for the rest of the week we had a reunion in bragado yesterday, it was a great old time as I got to see all my great old friends from 25 de mayo. what really freaked me out was seeing a young baby named rebecca now running and jumping as a toddler.. I guess after 10 months that can be expected right.  It hit me in that moment that time flys by fast. on a really happy note the picture with the two girls, mariela and valentina.  They were one of my contacts in 25 de mayo and I taught them I think three times before I left, well this saturday theya re getting baptiized!! they wanted me to go... :( but I cant!  boooooo!  but I am so excited for them, they are adorable and december their mom will be baptized!  Saturday night we had a talent show, that was super fun to see all the argenine tango and playing come out!  my comp and I sang a song in castillano as we made a rythmn with cups. (from pitch perfect).  It was a grand ole time.  I love every moment I have here, things are going great!  

one funny story and and one fun fact..
When I said goodbye to presdient this week he said ¨we will be seing you in a few weeks¨ and the only thing I could squeek out was ¨¨no no no no noooooo¨ it was in a crying tone and everyone around just looked at me and laughed... haha i am in denial mode.

second, my comp drank milk with her dinner.... thats right before her mission she always had a glass just like me to wash down the food!!!  I AM NOT ALONE!!! :)

Love you, have a wonderful thanksgiving... I have wonderful things planned this week to celebrate!!! 

hermana alley 

"RACHEL!!! these two boys are the same as caleb and andrew. I love them so much!  the older one, emiliano is the sweetst thing, he is caleb to a TEE!! and mateo the younger is an adrenaline junky and just a monster into things... argentine version of the boys and for this reason we spend all our available time together.  yesterday on the our long bus right we counted cows and tractors. which is difficult when there is a whole bunch of nothing, but we had fun and giggled as we sang a spanish song about a miss cow and her duce de leche.  we are best pals."



No comments:

Post a Comment